1. Beware of the lightening that lurketh in an undischarged capacitor, lest it smite thee and cause thee to be bounded upon thy backside in a most ungentlemanly manner.
2. Causeth thou the switch that supplieth large quantities of juice to be opened and thus tagged, so that thy days on this earth may be long.
3. Prove to thyself that all circuits that radiate and upon which thou workest are grounded, lest they lift thee to a high frequency potential and cause thee to radiate also.
4. Take care that thou use the proper method when thou takest the measure of high voltage, that it not incinerate both thee and thy meter:- for verily, though thou hast no account number an canst be easily replaced, the meter doth have such and shall bring much woe and knashing of teeth upon the storeman and purchasing department.
5. Tarry ye not amongst those who engage in intentional shocks and other tom-foolery, for surely they are non-believers and not long for this world.
6. Take care that thou tamper not with interlocks and safety devices, for this shall incur the wrath of thy seniors, and unleash the awesome fury of the safety officer down upon thy head and shoulders.
7. Work not with energised equipment:- for if thou doest, thy buddies will surely be buying beers without thee, and thy space at the bar will be taken by another.
8. Verily, verily, I say unto thee:- never service high voltage equipment alone; for electric cooking is a slothful process, and thou mightest sizzle in thine own juice for hours before thy maker seeth fit to end thy misery, and draw thee unto his fold.
9. Trifle not with radioactive tubes and substances, lest thou commence to glow in the darkness like unto a lightening bug.
10. Commit thou to memory the work of the prophets, which are written in the instruction books; they giveth thee the straight dope and steer thee away from error.
Back to Index